Friday, May 25, 2012

I Made Soap!

This week I made soap! IMG_8443
Soap is much more terrifying than making soup IMG_8444
I poured the soap into a cheese slice container and closed the lid to insulate it and when it warmed back up it oosed out the sides, so I put the crumbs back in IMG_8445
I put coffee grounds, oatmeal, peppermint, cinnamon, and nutmag in the soap IMG_8446
Now it has to cure in a paper bag under my bed for a month IMG_8453
This was my first time making soap. I watched lots of soap making videos and found this one realy helpful and read lots of soap recipes. I used lots of precaution when making the soap, wearing rubber gloves, a mask, sunglasses (because I didn't have goggles, you gotta do what you gotta do), I had all of my supplies out before I started, I had the window open and a bottle of white vinger (to neutralize any spilt lye) open. I used this webiste to calculate my recipe. I used olive, coconut and canola oil in my soap. I've used some of the soap crumbs already and I'm pleased with the results and can't wait to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment