Sunday, March 04, 2012

Pretzels and Scones

I was asked to make scones today, so I quickly looked up a recipe and landed on allrecipes.com and let me tell you, these were the best baked thing I have ever made. Hands down. I spilt the batch in 2, and added chocolate chips (and a little salt because the recipe didn't call for any) to half, and shredded cheddar cheese (and a bit more salt) to the other. at 400, they did not need 15 minutes, more like 10-12 so you got to watch them, but ohhhhh goodness. They were a little crispy on the outside and so soft and moist inside, added a little butter and they were heaven.
Before I made the scones, I also made soft pretzels from Two Peas and Their Pod. I've made this recipe before, just as the bites, so this time I wanted to try making full pretzels. I made 8, baked off 4 and froze the rest (after I boiled them). So good, I brushed them with butter and cinnamon sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment