Thursday, February 16, 2012

NYC Trip Book

When I went to New York (with a hint of Boston) 2 years ago, I took about 1,000 pictures (no joke) and also saved all the papers/ bags/ receipts/ tickets that I collected in those 5 wonderful days knowing that ONE DAY I would document them somehow. Well today was the day and I had forgotten how much STUFF I had saved! Inspired by this post. I bought some book rings, went through my paper and card stock and started hole punching. I have a few more things to put in here, as well as writing out the things we did (luckily I still have the itinerary and some journal pages) and of course PHOTOS. I’ve never been a fan of scrapbooking, it just feels so sterile and commercial to me, buying every little embellishment, and every attempt to make it more “personal” just seems to make the pages look less personal. I like using mostly the patterns and designs of the ‘stuff’ I collect.
For example the front and back covers of the book are covered with a Starbucks bag that I saved. I also used a New England Aquarium bag and a MET bag in the book as their own pages.
I have a lot still to go on this book, but it is a good start to a long awaited project.













P.S: I have recently become SUPER inspired by Elise Blaha

No comments:

Post a Comment